1/01/2011

Welcome Foolish Mortals

To my readers,

Yes, the title says it all.  Welcome to this new blog!


This, however, is not about the Haunted Mansion attraction, as the title of this post might suggest, but of my own creation - Greywood Manor.  Greywood Manor is a unique, one-of-a-kind Halloween yard haunt I create for the trick-or-treaters year after year. Inspiration, as you may have guessed, is taken from the Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion attraction.  Yes, I am biased to Walt Disney World's version, as that is what I grew up with!  I in no way directly copy anything from Disney's Mansion, however.  It is fact that you will find great references throughout my haunt to Disney's masterpiece, but Greywood Manor is something quite different.  I have combined compelling effects with great visual and auditory cues to create a compelling yard haunt - all driven by an interesting, original back-story.


I plan to use this blog to document my haunt - and the many detail driven aspects of it, as well as post on upcoming future items I am working on for this hobby of mine.  My hope is to post once a week, with the possibility that I'll lapse into bi-monthly postings if I don't have enough content, or if my college course work gets to me!  Preferably these will debut every Sunday, as to keep this blog orderly.


So here's to the future - a great 2011!  The first content driven post should be up the second of the year.


Enjoy,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment